ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
Wealden Woodstyle Ltd has a policy to comply with the Environmental Protection Act 1990, other associated statutory legislation and Approved Codes of Practice (ACOP). We are committed to minimising the impact of construction on the environment and encouraging sustainable practices within the company.
It is our policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to:
- Use timber with a minimum FSC rating of 70%.
- Recycle waste materials, equipment and stationary.
- Reduce the consumption of consumables.
- Use local suppliers to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Use local labour to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Use, store, control and dispose of hazardous materials in line with best environmental practices.
- Obtain services, equipment and power from providers who are committed to environmental protection.
- Encourage staff to adopt eco-friendly practices, such as switching off unused electrical equipment.
- Encourage staff not to print out documents unless absolutely necessary. Use both sides of the paper when printing. Use emails as a prepared method of communication. All waste paper in offices is recycled.
- Aim to reduce pollution and actively pursue reduction in the use of substances, processes and procedures that adversely affect the environment.
- Continually improve the firm’s environmental performance by setting annual targets and reviewing our objectives and measure the progress.
- Carry out an annual review and update of this policy and other environmental control systems employed by the firm.
Employees are asked to co-operate in the operation of this policy and make a positive contribution to environmental protection by making themselves aware of the firm’s environmental policy and complying with the control measures in place.